We provide products and services (“Services”) in the field of electronic recycling and trade-in programs. We refer to Services as to any product we sell, any information or software we provide in web, mobile application or other services we render.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use our Services, we collect certain information (“Information”) such as your IP address, your device type, your web browser, images, identification information, date and time information, and stored cookies. We may also collect information as you further use our Services by accessing one of our mobile applications or websites, viewing what websites or search terms referred you to the Services, how you interact with the Services or information that you have shared with one of our partners.
When using certain Services, Information may also include diagnostic information captured through our mobile applications, web sites, service kiosks or booths, agents, by cross-referencing the database that we own or are licensed to use and serial identification numbers such as IMEI.
We collect information using the following technologies:
· “Cookies” (For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.)
· “Log files” that chronologically track events or actions occurring on the Services, and may include, store or make use of Information.
· Electronic tracking technologies such as “pixels”, “web beacons,” or “tags”
· Data files transmitted including diagnostic results as a result of using or permitting the use of our mobile applications.
As you use certain Services, we collect information (“Service Information”) disclosed by you, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, email. We refer to this information as “Service Information.”
Before completing certain Services, such as trading a device, we may require additional information (“Identity Information”) to assess that you are the legitimate person owning the device tendered for trade. Identity Information may be retrieved for example by taking pictures as you use the Services, by verifying an electronic copy (image) of a government-issued ID card. Identified Information retrieved is strictly confidential information that we restrict access to with great care.
Personal Information refers to Information, Service Information, and Identity Information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is used to complete or render any orders or services placed by using our Services. Additionally, we may use Personal Information to:
· Communicate with you;
· Validate trades or orders against potential risk or fraud; and
· If agreed by you through preferences you have communicated or shared, providing you with information or advertising about our or partner’s product and services.
· Collaborate with authorities, as needed by regulations or court orders, in order to reduce any risk of fraudulent use of our Services, namely during electronic device trading.
· Personal Information may be used to avoid certain risks and fraud and ensure we are dealing with a legitimate person. We may also use Information and Service information to improve our Services and communicate information and advertising.
Restricted use of Identity Information
For clarity, we do not use Identity Information for any other reason than validating your identity and ensuring the legitimacy of the transactions completed through our Services.
TRADE DEVICE DATA
We recommend and advise you to remove any and all data and information contained on any device tendered for trade with any of our Service. When trading a device, you will need to agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of the trade:
· You acknowledge that this constitutes a full and final sale whereby you convey and transfer all of your rights and interests in sold item.
· You will confirm having removed any and all important or personal data from the sold item.
· You will no longer own any of the files, pictures, videos or data whatsoever that may remain on sold item.
· You will no longer reclaim sold item nor its contents under any circumstances.
· A La Carte Media is fully authorized to erase and destroy information remaining on sold item.
· Any attempt on your part to commit theft or fraud in connection to sold item will be disclosed to authorities and may result in fines and/or imprisonment.
· You understand that all Identity Information (such as my photo ID, signature, photos taken at kiosk) will be held in strict confidence and will be remitted to authorities should this transaction be questioned. We will destroy copies of Identity Information when we deem the transaction complete and unquestionable.
We use reasonable and responsible procedures to ensure that any data left on a trade device is removed by using leading-edge data wiping software when the device enters our processing facility or our selected partner processing facilities. However, there can be no guarantee from our part or any of our partners that such data was not intercepted in a form or another and you bear all risks related to the use or misuse of such data left on the device. We strongly recommend you ensure all data is erased before selling any device.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Information and Service Information with third parties that help us use, analyze or understand Personal Information for the purposes described herein. For example, Google Analytics is a service that analyzes website usage which may be used to improve usability. If you prefer not to be tracked by Google Analytics you may do so here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share or use your Personal Information in any matter which, in good faith, we deem reasonable in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, court orders, in response to warrant, subpoena, or other lawful requests.
We may also share or use your Personal Information if, in good faith, we have reasons to believe that our rights may be at risk, for example when conducting internal investigations and in ways necessary in order to protect our rights.
We use your Information and Service Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by:
· FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
European residents have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. We believe this right shall exist for any of our customers, independent of residency, for as long as it does not reduce our ability to provide our Services in a legitimate manner. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you are a European resident, we disclose that we are using your information in order to fulfill contracts, agreements or requests we have with you and for legitimate business interests as described herein.
DATA RETENTION AND LOCATION
If you use our Services, we will maintain your Information and Service Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Your Identity Information is securely retained for the reasonable amount of time required by jurisdiction, laws or regulations or as required to protect our rights against fraudulent use of our Services and is destroyed afterward.
Your Personal Information may be transferred or stored in servers located in Canada and the United States or Europe (where applicable).
Trade of electronic devices requires a minimum age for consent that may vary by jurisdiction. Even if allowed by law, we will not trade with any person under the age of 16.
CHANGES TO POLICY
COMPLAINTS AND QUESTIONS